Early identification of business opportunities based on relevant food and technology trends
Innovation at DMK Group:
- Limited resources for trend management
- Time-consuming aggregation, evaluation and documentation of scouting results
- Manual trend scouting activities
- Knowledge sharing within the trend scouting community needs improvement
- No integrated network of internal trend scouts
Supported by ITONICS Radar and ITONICS Inspirator, DMK Group implemented a powerful trend management process from trend scouting to the derivation of new business opportunities and scouted over 2,000 relevant inspirations in five food trend areas with only a small scouting team.
Crucial for the success of our project was ITONICS’ expertise in trend management. We were not just looking for a software partner, but for someone who is familiar with the topic and who we can trust. - Barbara Siegert, Head of Innovation / Corporate Strategy, DMK
DMK established an integrated trend management process from trend scouting to business opportunities.
A High-Performing Trend Management Unit
- Reduced time to collect, aggregate and analyze trend knowledge
- Better and faster recommendations on business opportunities for the individual business units based on profound trend knowledge
- Trend management unit at DMK is still run by two full-time employees only
The dairy company developed an efficient trend scouting network consisting of internal and external trend scouts.
- Successful integration of internal trend scouts that collected more than 1,500 relevant inspirations at 30 trade fairs and conferences within one year
- Increased accuracy for the trend identification thanks to the integration of external and internal trend knowledge
- Accessible trend knowledge for the whole community and resolution of individual data silo
With around 7,700 employees at more than 20 locations in Germany, the Netherlands and other international hubs, Germany’s largest dairy cooperative processes milk into food of the highest quality. The product portfolio ranges from cheese, dairy products and ingredients to baby food, ice cream and health products. Brands such as MILRAM, Oldenburger, Uniekaas, Alete and Humana have earned the trust of consumers at home and abroad, making the company an established player in its home markets and selected target markets around the globe. As one of the largest suppliers to the German food retail industry with a total revenue of 5.6 billion euros, DMK Group is one of Europe’s leading dairy companies.
Request a Demo