Worldwide and efficient trend scouting in various trend metropolises
- Direct connection of external trend scouts to the internal trend management process
- Digital and transparent trend scouting worldwide for more efficiency and the collection of worldwide trend signals
With 25 locations in Germany and the Netherlands and around 7,700 employees, the DMK Group is the largest German dairy company, processing milk into foods of the highest quality. With annual revenue of 5.8 billion euros, the DMK Group is also one of Europe's leading companies in the dairy industry.
The food industry is characterized by changing consumer requirements and needs, different trend developments in different regions and strong international competition. The early identification of weak signals in the corporate environment and the derivation of new business opportunities is, therefore, an essential component of successful innovation management at the DMK Group.
In order to meet these future challenges, DMK has been using the crowdsourcing tool ITONICS Crowd since 2018 to scout global trends in the food sector and respond quickly to changing customer needs.
Trend scouting at DMK
- No own worldwide trend scouting network
- Partially internal trend scouting activities & partially outsourcing of trend scouting activities to third parties
- Limited resources in trend management
- Time-consuming manual aggregation & documentation of trend scouting results in static documents
Worldwide network of trend scouts via ITONICS Crowd
- Kristin Mitlewski, Manager Innovation & Trends, Corporate Strategy, DMK
With around 7,700 employees at more than 20 locations in Germany, the Netherlands and other international hubs, Germany’s largest dairy cooperative processes milk into food of the highest quality. The product portfolio ranges from cheese, dairy products and ingredients to baby food, ice cream and health products. Brands such as MILRAM, Oldenburger, Uniekaas, Alete and Humana have earned the trust of consumers at home and abroad, making the company an established player in its home markets and selected target markets around the globe. As one of the largest suppliers to the German food retail industry with a total revenue of 5.6 billion euros, DMK Group is one of Europe’s leading dairy companies.