- General: Navigation Basics
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with Elements
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with the Grid
- ITONICS Explorer: Using the Main View
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with the Portfolio
- ITONICS Radar: Working with Radar
- ITONICS Roadmap: Working with Roadmap
- ITONICS Insights: Working with Insights
- ITONICS Insights: Working with Search Fields
- ITONICS Insights: The Main Visualizations
- ITONICS Insights: Insights Integration in Explorer
- Insights Glossary & Overview
- Administration: Administering Your Account
Promoting Selections and Exclusions to the Search Field
The search field defines a first layer of filtering that sets the context for the view. The selection adds a more ad hoc and interactive layer on top of this. Interacting with the visualizations you might create a selection that you want to actually promote to your more permanent (and savable) search field.
To do so, you can click on the arrow icons in the selection panel. This will remove the filter from the selection and instead place it into the search field. The view will refresh, setting the new search field as the view's context.
Note that exclusions can also be promoted to the search field!