01 | Create your individual account and Innovation OS
- In a browser, navigate to https://itonics.io/id/register.
- Here, simply enter your email address and continue. An email will be sent to your inbox to complete the registration process.
- Hit the button in the email and fill out the form with a password, first name, last name, and accept the terms.
- Next, you will be asked to name your organization, i.e., your system. You are also asked to provide a custom URL of your system.
- The system will now be set up for you. As a first step, you can select an industry. Based on the industry selection, your system will be pre-filled with content relevant to this industry. (No worries, you can later see and select more industry content)
- 🎉 Congratulations, the system has now been built for you, and you have your account as an admin of your Innovation OS. You are now in full control.
Build a workspace
- During the system setup, one workspace with the name of your organization will be already created for you. Yet, you have the option to modify this or create even more workspaces. Find your account in the bottom left corner and click on it. Find the 'Manage Workspace' section and click on it.
- Here, you will find the list of all workspaces. This is also the list from where you can add or update any workspace in the future. To update a workspace, click on the pen icon. To add a new workspace, click on the bottom right corner button "Actions > Create Workspaces".
- In both cases, you can update/add the title, description, and change the visibility of the workspace. When you update a workspace, you can also change the users invited to the workspaces. When you add a workspace, you can select which element types should be available in the workspace.
💡 Pro Tipp: If you want everybody in your organization to have access to a workspace, keep it public. If you want to restrict access, make it private and invite co-workers as needed.
- When you have created your workspace, adjust the configuration to represent what you want to achieve with the workspace.
- 🎉 Congratulations, you have now created your custom workspaces.
|Create your custom configuration
- You now have set up individual workspaces. However, to create custom templates/entities and custom properties (e.g., text fields, rating criteria, dropdown values), you need to navigate to your organization settings first. Go to your account settings in the bottom left corner, click on it, and find the "Element Configuration".
- In the Element Configuration, you'll first land on the "element type configuration". This is where you define your templates and how your data is structured on the first level (e.g., a trend, idea, project, company, asset, start-up). To add your custom element types, hit "add new element type". Follow the steps mentioned on the right side of your page.
💡 Pro Tipp: When you want to update an existing element type, just find it in the list of element types, click it, and adjust it as needed on the right side of your page.
- When you now want to create your custom properties and values, change from the "element type configuration" tab to the "property configuration"-tab on the upper left side of the menu. Add or adjust any property as needed.
- Once you have created a custom property and want to add it to an element type, navigate back to the element configuration tab, find an element type, and add your custom property from one of the add property type lists on the right side.
- Now, after adjusting the general configuration, you can update the configurations within your workspaces. Navigate again to your "profile" and find the menu "manage workspaces". When you edit a particular workspace, you will now find a tab called element configuration. You can now show/hide the element types and properties that you want to show in that workspace.
- 🎉 Congratulations, you have now enriched your workspaces with your custom element types and properties.
Connect the dots
- The full power comes to an InnovationOS when you connect the dots, i.e.
- when you connect your projects, and ideas with trends, technologies, or market opportunities
- when you onboard your colleagues to bring in updates, inspirations, expertise, and opinion
- Start by adding your custom content. Check the onboarding plan under 1 for more.
💡 Note: To bring over the ITONICS content from the showroom, you need to use our blueprint element types.
- To make connections between the content elements, you use the relates to feature. Every content element has a relations section. Just find it and use the "relate an element" section.
- To see all the connections, switch now to the network graph and see how every content element is connected within your workspace.
- 🎉 Exciting right? It is now time to add your co-workers to update on their projects, bring in their evaluation or content. Go to your individual account at the bottom left. Click on it and find the users and invitations button. From here, invite your co-workers to your organization.
- 💡 Pro Tipp: Of course, you should not only send a system invitation. Talk to them, chat with them, or send an email and explain why they have been invited to this system.