- General: Navigation Basics
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with Elements
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with the Grid
- ITONICS Explorer: Using the Main View
- ITONICS Explorer: Working with the Portfolio
- ITONICS Radar: Working with Radar
- ITONICS Roadmap: Working with Roadmap
- ITONICS Insights: Working with Insights
- ITONICS Insights: Working with Search Fields
- ITONICS Insights: The Main Visualizations
- ITONICS Insights: Insights Integration in Explorer
- Insights Glossary & Overview
- Administration: Administering Your Account
What is a Trend?
A Trend Is a Direction Towards Which an Industry or Market Is Moving.
A Trend can be understood as a significant development of one or more variables in the same direction and constant over a certain period of time. Trends are medium to long-term developments in the corporate environment. Compared to so-called "fashions" or "hypes", trends last at least five years and have a significant impact on the corporate environment. A trend exists outside of the company and independently from it.
Application: A company can collect, track and evaluate the trends, and further use them for strategic and operational planning.