Workflows are phase-gate processes that push projects and ideas forward. Phase-gate processes can also be set up to easily see in what developmental stage a new technology or trend is, or how a startup is evolving.
Note that this feature will not be automatically available to all subscribers and may be part of a separate ITONICS subscription plan. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to trial the feature for free.
Workflow enables you to manage the development and progress of ideas, projects, programs, or drivers of change in a standardized, repeatable and transparent manner. The Workflow feature automates the tasks of manually assigning different people and stages for activities or drivers of change.
Set up workflows to enable driving phase-gate coordination and tracking of project and portfolio management, opportunity discovery, tech management, growth hacking, and ideation.
1. Why use Workflow
Use Workflow to:
- Maintain standardized processes by ensuring all projects go through a specific workflow.
- Automate different phases of projects by providing a standard process for each stage. Ensure that all the necessary steps are completed before moving [projects on to the next phase.
- Ensure that certain criteria are met before projects move on to the next phases, and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Manage the different stages of large volumes of different projects.
- Track the progress of projects by seeing in what phase it is. Share information easily with stakeholders.
- Provide clear visibility and accountability.
- Organize different teams doing innovation in separate silos by moving projects along using workflow, and visualize progress using Boards.
- Ensure that resources are directed toward the most promising and impactful projects.
2. Who can use Workflow
- Portfolio managers that need to set up criteria for evaluating and prioritizing projects.
- Project managers that need efficient categorization and routing of projects, ensuring that they are directed to the appropriate individuals or teams for review and implementation.
- Innovation teams that want to increase transparency in the project or idea management process.
- Growth teams that need to facilitate collaboration and communication among team members, helping to ensure that projects are fully developed and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Teams that need to manage technology innovation and need to monitor the progress of technologies, and provide real-time updates.
3. How do I use Workflow?
Click here to see how to activate the project element type to get started with workflow for project and portfolio management.