All new users wanting to sign up for ITONICS will be asked to enter a new password, which must follow the ITONICS password policy. Setting a password policy ensures that people accessing the ITONICS service use best practices when creating passwords.
- The password must have a minimum length of 8 characters.
- The password must contain at least 1 number.
- The password must contain at least 1 lowercase letter.
Tips for setting strong passwords
- Avoid using patterns, consecutive letters and numbers.
- Avoid replacing letters with similar numbers or symbols, e.g., substituting 3 for the letter e, or $ for the letter s.
- Avoid creating short passwords, using a single word or a single number.
- Use a password manager to generate longer, random, thus, more safe passwords.
- Create a password that makes use of lots of parts, making it harder for attackers to crack, while easier to remember, e.g., using a combination of words and random numbers, as well as upper and lower case letters.
Note that enabling single sign-on (SSO) for your tenant might be a valuable option to simplify the login process, allowing users to automatically sign in without having to enter their credentials each time. Find out how to integrate SSO for your tenant.