Content is the lifeblood of your innovation platform. You can create Elements from the Explorer module.
- Navigate to the Explorer module.
- Click on Create in the lower right corner. This will either show you a number of Element Types you are able to create, or it will open the Element creation dialog.
- Fill in the input fields and finish the process by clicking Publish or Save as Draft buttons in the dialog.
⬆️ Most Element Types will only ask for very basic information during creation in the creation dialog. Using Element Configuration enables you to include further required Properties to Element Types.
💡 What makes a good Element
As described in this article about Elements, Elements are the foundation of the ITONICS content management system. Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating content:
- Use concise language for the title and summary in particular as these are used to create the Signals Feed.
- Add sources and references as well as attachments to paint a fuller picture of the topic you are describing.
- Add tags to the content, so your colleagues can more easily find the content they are looking for, e.g. using the Tag Filter Visualization.
- Relate the Element to others in the system. This will help yourself and others to connect the dots and identify opportunities.