Content is the lifeblood of your application and sets the basis for making the right decisions. Depending on your user role, the InnovationOS provides you with different options to add content.
Single content intake options
Bulk content intake options
Please note that you need the respective create permission in a workspace to perform the actions described in this article.
To add content pieces via the create button, find it close to the top of the left main navigation menu. Click the Create button. Now, a modal opens where you are asked to first categorize the content that you want to add. This list of options has been defined by our Workspace Administrator.
Choose the right content category from the selection by clicking on the right title. Start adding a title and a summary. Finish the creation process by clicking either the Publish button (all users will then be allowed to see the content piece directly) or use the Save as Draft button to save the element in a draft version that you can choose to publish at a later stage. You can also immediately create another element by making use of the Create Another checkbox option, or [Alt + Enter] hotkey combination.
Once done, you can add more information to the created content card.
💡 What Makes a Content Piece Find Interest
As described, content is the lifeblood of the ITONICS Innovation OS. Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating content:
- Use concise language for the title and summary, in particular, to ease the understanding for other users and get meaningful results in the Signals Feed.
- Add sources, references, and attachments to underpin your argument with facts, figures, and evidence.
- Add tags to the content and fill out the dropdown menus, so that your colleagues can more easily find the content they are looking for, e.g. using the Tag Filter Visualization.
- Relate the element to others in the system. This will help you and others to connect the dots and identify opportunities.
- Use illustrative images, videos, or screenshots (and all the other style options) in the Rich Text Field to convey a strong and engaging message.
Add content from Insights and the Signals Feed
When you make use of the huge ITONICS Data Lake to scout for interesting content pieces (outside of the content that you have already stored in your Innovation OS), you have the option to add any interesting content piece from the feeds to your system.
Either in Insights  or on the Signals Feed of a particular content element, click on the respective content piece . It now opens in the right sidebar. Besides the title, summary, source, and country, you will find the blue Create button .
Click on it and the content creation modal will open. You can now decide on the content element type that best represents the content piece. Further, you can directly take over the information for the title and the summary or modify it. Once done, click publish to add it to your database .
Add Activities to the Roadmap
To add an activity to a roadmap, navigate to a respective roadmap. You will find it from the main navigation menu to the left  and by selecting one of the available roadmaps .
When you enter the roadmap, you will find the Create button in the bottom right corner . Hover over it and either create a completely new activity by clicking Create Activity or copy an existing activity from another roadmap into this roadmap by clicking Add Existing Activity .
Once clicked, a new modal opens where you can fill in the needed activity information. Mandatory fields are marked by an asterisk. When you are satisfied, hit Create Activity .
You can read more on using the roadmap here.
To intake content in bulk, you can make use of the spreadsheet import feature. The import feature is available from any tool (except for Insights and Roadmap). For instance, go to the Explorer and find the three dots in the middle of the top navigation menu . Click on the three dots in the navigation bar and select Import from a Datasheet (1) (or press on the Import Content button if your workspace is still empty).
The import consists of three simple steps:
- Choose the element type you want to import and download your template. (3)
- Fill the template with your data. Please make sure to provide the data in the correct format. Take a look at the tables below for further information. (4)
- Upload your file using drag and drop or select from your file manager and click on Check file. (5)
Once the file is validated, you can upload your elements.
Learn more about the excel-import here.
Copy content from the ITONICS Showroom (or any other workspace)
When you already have content in your InnovationOS, you can easily copy this content from one Workspace to another Workspace (where you, of course, have the rights to create content). This also applies to content coming from the ITONICS Showroom.
The ITONICS Showroom is a specific, non-editable workspace provided by ITONICS. The ITONICS Showroom comes with curated content from the ITONICS Analyst team. It consists of curated trends, technologies, and inspirations. You cannot create or edit any content in the Showroom, but you can copy the content into your own workspaces to work with it.
To navigate to the ITONICS Showroom, go to the top left corner of your application , click on the name of the workspace you are currently in, and switch it to ITONICS Showroom. Our Analyst team has also created specific filters and views which should help you navigate the Showroom quickly. Just explore the bookmark icon on top and select any relevant view.
When you discover something of interest, just hover over the content card and find a checkbox to the top left of the card . Select it and a second menu opens from which you can copy this element with the evaluations of the ITONICS analyst team into your workspace . You can select as many elements as you want or directly use the "select all" option. All elements of the current view are selected when you check the box above the content list and left to the number of elements that are currently displayed.
Next, a new modal opens where you can decide to which workspace the content should be copied . This is a single select option so that you can only copy content to one other workspace at once. If you want to copy the same content to multiple workspaces, you need to re-run the process.
You can also decide whether you want to overwrite information that might already exist as the content element might have been copied earlier already. Yet, ratings and comments will be kept in the source . Once satisfied, finish the copy process by clicking "enable and copy all" .
Please note the following:
- After copying elements that already have ratings to another workspace, only the average rating value will be copied over. These copied ratings will also be marked as such in grey. As soon as you or a colleague adds your own rating in the target workspace, the average from the source workspace will be overwritten and the slider value will change to blue.
- When force copying elements, most information will be overwritten in the workspace you are copying to except for: Ratings and Comments
- Please note that for copying content, the same element type - ITONICS Blueprint: trend, technology, or inspiration - needs to be enabled in the respective workspace as well .
The Duplicate detector
The duplicate detector is designed to prevent you from producing duplicate content before you add it to your ITONICS InnovationOS. It ensures more efficient and organized content within your workspace and is most beneficial if you have a lot of elements to manage.
When you create a new content element in your workspace, you will be prompted to enter a title for that element. As you type in the title, a search function is automatically triggered. This search function compares the title you are entering to the titles of other elements already within the same workspace of the same element type .
The search will return all elements that show semantic similarities. The same words or parts of words between the title you are entering, and the existing elements, will be highlighted in bold letters for easy identification. You can then directly jump to any of the elements returned by the search by clicking on a small arrow on the right of the element. This will open a new tab, allowing you to view the existing element .
You can now decide whether you were in the process of creating a duplicate. If so, you can simply abort the creation process. Otherwise, you can jump back to the original tab and continue with the creation of the new element.
Submit an idea to a campaign
If you have a valuable idea that matches the context of a campaign, you can easily create your idea in just a few clicks.
Follow these steps to create and directly submit your idea to a campaign:
- Go to a campaign detail page. You can use the filter in order to find running campaigns.
- Click Submit Idea (1).
- Fill out the idea form with information on Title and Summary in the modal (2).
- Click Publish Idea (3) or Save as Draft (4).
Once the idea has been created, you can add more information, like a detailed description or any other information that is relevant for your idea in the context of the campaign.
Note: If you click the Save as Draft button in the idea creation modal, you create your idea without necessarily filling out all information already and not making the idea publicly available to all users (check out the permission configuration of your workspace to find out which user roles can view draft elements).
Auto-generate ideas for a campaign
To use the Autofill Description feature follow these steps:
- Choose Autofill Description from the Smart Action button (1) in the header or navigate to the Description section. (2)
2. A modal will open where you can select your preferred template (3) for autofilling the description. You can choose between the following options, which will generate a description based on your provided Summary:
- Idea Canvas: This Canvas will produce a structured description covering the following points: Problem statement, Key Features, Value Proposition, Concept.
- Personas: Describe the idea in the words and with the mindset of one of the following forward thinkers:
- Albert Einstein
- Warren Buffett
- Elon Musk
- Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Creativity Methods:
- Journey Mapping: A visualization of the process that a user undergoes to achieve a goal, capturing all the touchpoints and experiences.
- SCAMPER: An acronym-driven brainstorming technique that prompts users to think about a product or problem through seven different methods: Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Modify, Put to another use, Eliminate, and Reverse.
- Brainstorming: A group creativity technique by which efforts are made to find a conclusion for a specific problem by gathering a list of ideas spontaneously contributed by its members.
- Headstand: A problem-solving technique that involves looking at the problem from the opposite perspective, by considering what would cause the problem to occur or worsen.
- 6-Thinking Hats: A role-playing model that encourages individuals to look at a problem from six distinct perspectives: emotional, informational, logical, creative, critical, and organizational.
- Default: This method will create a structured idea description.
3. To increase the quality of the response enter a target audience that the idea should address. (4)
4. Click the Create button to get the description. (5)
Autofill the idea tags by following these steps:
1. Choose Autofill Tags from the Smart Action button (1) in the header or navigate to the Tags section. (2)
2. A suggestion of tags will be returned based on your provided Summary.
3. Remove not fitting tags by pressing the “x” icon next to the respective tag. (3)
4. Insert your tag selection (4).
Autofill the header image by following these steps:
- Choose Autofill Header Image from the Smart Action button (1) in the header.
2. A modal will open where you can select your preferred image style. (2) You can choose between:
- No style
- van Gogh
- Digital Art
3. Describe the image you want to generate in a short and precise sentence. (3)
4. Click the Create button to generate a preview of images. (4)
5. Select the image you like the most. (5)
6. Click Apply (6) if you are satisfied.