Early identification of business opportunities based on relevant food trends
- Establishing an integrated trend management process from trend scouting to business opportunities
- Developing an efficient trend scouting network consisting of internal trend scouts
The identification and interpretation of trends are some of the most important activities in innovation management. Trends reflect consumer needs and changing consumer behaviors over time.
DMK Group, one of the leading dairy companies in Europe, is faced with new technologies, changing customer habits, and a fierce international competition in its industry. The early identification of new business opportunities on the basis of relevant food trends is becoming an essential task to meet future challenges.
Supported by ITONICS Radar and ITONICS Inspirator, DMK Group implemented a powerful trend management process from trend scouting to the derivation of new business opportunities and scouted over 2,000 relevant inspirations in five food trend areas with only a small scouting team.
Innovation at DMK
- Limited resources for trend management
- Time-consuming aggregation, evaluation and documentation of scouting results
- Manual trend scouting activities
- Knowledge sharing within the trend scouting community needs improvement
- No integrated network of internal trend scouts
and more scouted inspirations
food trend areas
DMK’s new optimized trend management process supported by one collaborative online platform
"Crucial for the success of our project was ITONICS’ expertise in trend management. We were not just looking for a software partner, but for someone who is familiar with the topic and who we can trust."
- Barbara Siegert, Head of Innovation / Corporate Strategy, DMK
With 25 locations and around 7,700 employees, the DMK Group is Germany’s largest dairy company, obtaining its raw milk from more than 8,600 active dairy farmers. The product portfolio ranges from cheese, dairy products and food manufacturing ingredients to baby food, ice cream, health products and special animal feeds. DMK is present in more than 100 countries all over the world with strong brands such as MILRAM, Osterland, Oldenburger, Rose, Humana, Casarelli, Intact, sanotact, hansal and NORMI that enjoy the full confidence of consumers at home and abroad.